Postdoc Position on New Smart Materials for Nano-, Bio- and Medical Applications: Computer Design, Synthesis and Diagnostics (36 months)
Research Center: The Smart Materials Research Institute
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: Professor Alexander V. Soldatov
Job Type: Full time
Experience: > 2 years of experience in the field related to the current project
Closing Date: November 8th 2019 (23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
The Smart Materials Research Institute (http://nano.sfedu.ru/) of Southern Federal University, Russia seeks a postdoctoral researcher for a collaborative project in the area of Materials science who will be involved in one or several of the following activities: synthesis and characterization of functional materials, nanomaterials, porous materials, metal-organic frameworks, nanomaterials for biomedical applications, microfluidics, X-ray absorption spectroscopy, bid data analysis and machine learning algorithms for materials science, quantum chemistry calculation of atomic and electronic structure of materials.
• The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in materials science, nanotechnology, chemistry, physics or related area, and be fluent in English.
• The candidate should also have proven experience in the synthesis of nanostructured materials, the experience in quantum-chemistry simulations, the experience in characterization of local atomic and electronic structure parameters of nanostructured materials.
• Researcher should have already published high-level research publications in the peer-reviewed journals indexed in Scopus and Web of Science.
• Applicants are expected to have a work experience in an international research team.
What we offer
• Employment contract for 3 years, available since November 1, 2019.
• Postdoc will be provided with a separate office with personal computer, Internet access, access to the supercomputer cluster and modern laboratory facilities of the institute (the full list of equipment can be found here: http://nano.sfedu.ru/structure/facilities/).
• In addition, the equipment of the following research centers will be used for the project: SIC Kurchatov Institute (Moscow), DESY Synchrotron (Hamburg), European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (Grenoble), Сenter for Сollective Use of Scientific Equipment of the SSC RAS, Сenter for Сollective Use of Scientific Equipment of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Joint Center for Collective Use of Scientific Equipment of the SFeDU.
How to Apply
The application is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, a recommendation letter.
Enquires should be made to: Prof. Alexander V. Soldatov: email@example.com