Postdoc Position on Transmission Electron Microscope Research Laboratory (36 months)
Research Center: Institute of Physical and Organic Chemistry
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: Dr. Anatoly V. Metelitsa
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~1-2 years of experience after PhD
Closing Date: November 8th 2019 (23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
Institute of Physical and Organic Chemistry at Southern Federal University (http://www.ipoc.rsu.ru/index.php?lang=en), Russia, seeks a postdoctoral researcher for a work on the emission transmission electron microscope JEM-F200, which features higher spatial resolution and analytical performance, whose main responsibility would be to prepare the samples, calibration/adjustment of microscope, perform the measurement, and processing and analysis of results, participation in the writing of the articles.
• The successful candidate should hold a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Material sciences;
• The candidate should have work experience with a research-grade electron microscope for at least 1 year;
• The candidate should also have deep knowledge in the area of chemistry, materials sciences, magnetoactive materials;
• Research performance indicators: h-index is minimum 4, number of publications in the relevant field is no less than 5, the highest impact-factor of journals with published articles is no less than 2;
• The candidate should know working in program for image analysis (for example SPIP ImageJ) as well as packages Origin, CorelDraw, Photoshop. The knowledge of programming skills in Python are desirable;
• Applicants are expected to have a work experience in international research team or strong collaboration with international research groups;
• Very good oral communication skills as well as scientific writing in English;
• You are presenting and discussing your results on scientific conferences, articles as well as within internal and external collaborations;
• High degree of responsibility, reliability, autonomy and team orientation;
• The candidate have to maintain close relationships with experimental researchers and external collaborators for data interpretation and data presentation.
What we offer
• Employment contract for 3 years, available since November 1, 2019.
• Access to the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
• Accommodation in a guest lecturers section of the Halls of Residence.
• Presentations of ones research findings at national and international conferences.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply.
The application is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, two recommendation letter.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com