Postdoc Position in Development and Research of Methods and Tools for Security Analysis of Cryptographic Algorithms and Protocols
Research Center: Institute of Computer Technology and Information Security (ICTIS)
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Taganrog, Russia
Research supervisor: Prof. Liudmila Babenko, email@example.com
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: after PhD
Closing Date: June 21st 2020 (23:00 Moscow time)
Announcement of results: June 30, 2020.
Salary: 70 000 rubles per month including tax
The postdoctoral fellow will be involved in research activities focusing on analytical review of methods and tools for analyzing new cryptographic algorithms with an emphasis on fully homomorphic encryption algorithms, analytical review of methods and tools for the synthesis and analysis of secure cryptographic protocols, the development of methods and algorithms for automated stability analysis of new cryptographic algorithms with an emphasis on fully homomorphic encryption algorithms, software implementation, the development of methods and algorithms for the synthesis and analysis of secure cryptographic protocols, software implementation, experimental research, evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of the developed methods, algorithms and programs.
* academic degree of candidate of science or PhD or equivalent degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, industrial automation, or a similar field; priority is given to researchers who have received an academic degree within the last 3 years;
* fluency in English (at least Upper-Intermediate level);
* at least 3 research papers in the last 3 years in international peer-reviewed journals indexed in Scopus and / or Web of Science;
* strong knowledge in the field of graph theory, linear algebra, numerical methods and algorithms fundamentals of control theory;
* strong knowledge of advanced software development concepts and strong programming skills;
* experience in designing information systems, writing and debugging programs, leading a team of young scientists and postgraduates;
* absence of employment relations with SFedU over the past 5 years.
Research performance indicators:
* In the first year: at least two peer-reviewed publications (including one in a journal) indexed in Scopus and (or) Web of Science.
* In the second year: at least two peer-reviewed publications in journals (including one in a journal of the first or second quartile) indexed in Scopus and (or) Web of Science.
* In the third year: at least two peer-reviewed publications in journals of the first or second quartile. Filing an application for international or Russian patent is equivalent to a research paper indexed in Scopus or Web of Science.
* Postdoctoral supervision of Master's Thesis ; at least two per year.
* At least one application per year for a research grant with a funding volume of at least 1 million rubles.
* Oral presentations of scientific results at research conferences by the postdoc ; at least two per year.
What we offer
* Employment contract for 3 years, available since September 1, 2020.
* Living allowance reimbursement in the amount of up to ₽10,000 per month.
* Reimbursement of moving expenses to Taganrog (bus or railway or air tickets in economy class) for postdocs living outside of Taganrog;
* Presentations of ones research findings at national and international conferences with covered registration fees and travel expenses for two conferences per year.
* Access to the-state-of-the art equipment and facilities.
How to Apply
International and Russian candidates up to and including 39 years of age are welcome to apply.
The application is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications and related projects in the research field, two recommendation letters and the PhD Diploma.
Please, ask general questions Phone: +7(863) 218-40-00, ext. 30-010. Email: email@example.com
You can find full information on the postdoc competition on the link: http://ictis.sfedu.ru/en/postdoc/